Wednesday 29 April 2015

Learning Online

Music is something that has always helped me through strenuous times and I have always kept it close to myself. For Plato said, music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. The 4 years of engineering gave me a lot of time to pursue my interest. I could join the music club and interact with peers with similar interest. However, the pressing academic schedule of an MBA life has made me just a listener for quite some time now.

And then, my love for music took me to my dream instrument. It has been 4 years since we met, but I never really got a chance to learn to play it. My guitar lies there all by itself and no fingers run over its chords, or none do strum it. Then again of course I have to be in my class and attend my lectures. Sitting in my classes, I always wonder, Intellectual things have been draining hours, months and several years of my life. But I yearned to learn one thing for myself and was unable to do it. My relationship with my guitar was definitely going to end on a sad note where all the blame would have been mine "for not trying at all.”

The fact that I could learn guitar sitting at home always tempted me, but being a bit old schooled I waited till I could get a personal tutor. But with time, my work grew and the time I could spare for my passion shrank, and of course I had too many excuses to give to myself. Just when I was about to give up on it, I thought to myself, ‘let me try the last option I have’. I googled “learn guitar from a personal tutor online” and to my surprise there were several results to my search query. One particular site that caught my attention was livemusictutor.com. The site had several engaging features and the navigation was very convenient as well. I could learn any instrument at my own pace, paying a charge for the classes from highly qualified tutors. They would arrange for live video classes, which were personal and interactive.

The instruments they taught were mostly guitars, violin, harp etc. But then again the Indian side of me kept popping ideas about the beautiful instruments which are mastered and sourced mainly in India. The instruments like Sitar, Iktara, Flute, Harmonium, Tabla etc. These instruments are equally amazing. A thought crossed my mind, is there any site which teaches all this in India. Can there be an Indian platform where music could be taught through online classroom? And behold, Google never disappoints. As said by Tolkien “Not all those who wander are lost” and my search led me to a remarkable finding.

JugaadClass - A site that promised to provide an innovative fix to all my learning requirements. Indeed it is an amazing platform with state-of-the-art features like that of any renowned international website. I could search for tutors for musical instruments and the amazing part was I could personally message and interact with them, using the live classrooms facilitated by audio, video, live streaming and other tools. JugaadClass was the perfect answer to my query.

It was a real pleasure to find such a website with fresh ideas. On top of that the experience of using the website was really cool. I could find several credible tutors registered with it.  JugaadClass corroborated my belief in the emerging MOOCs. This is sure to be the next big thing where anything and everything could be learnt online. JugaadClass is an indigenous initiative is all set to give a new face to the experience of learning and making it participative, flexible and much more fun. It has inspired me to keep my passion high as there is no limit to learning; And with a platform like JugaadClass, which has made learning so convenient, I can learn anything I want, sitting at home. Knowledge is just a few clicks away.

3 comments:

  1. Amazing person and beautiful singer you are Ritu..One of the brightest minds I have ever met...Good luck for all your future endeavors... Keep rocking girl!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one of the finest person I have ever met in my life.. I would rather say that you are a perfectionist. I truly respect your talent which God has bestow upon you. Its precious. I wish loads of success and prosperity in life.. God bless you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Attagirl Ritu!! Music runs through your soul. Turn your wishes into reality. Melody awaits to be strum.

    ReplyDelete